CENs: we need your help and expertise — don’t miss out on this rare and exciting opportunity to be a part of the CEN Role Delineation Study Advisory Committee.
At BCEN, we take great pride in our exams, and we set the bar high by offering nationally-recognized and accredited certification to those who prove their ability to achieve, excel, and impact the field of emergency nursing.
One of the most critical tasks in creating and maintaining these exams is performing a role delineation study (RDS). The RDS incorporates a multi-method approach to ensure that BCEN certification exams reflect the knowledge and importance of emergency nursing practice. The RDS is used to revise the Detailed Content Outline which is the basis for the content of the exams.
Now, we’re asking for your help in holding us to the highest standard. Please consider applying for the CEN Role Delineation Study Advisory Committee if you meet the following criteria:
- Current CEN certification
- Current status as a licensed RN
- Currently working in a clinical practice setting providing emergency care
Ready to be a part of something big? Here’s what you need to know:
- Selected participants will be required to attend 2 2-day meetings.
- The meetings will be held January 14-15 and August 11-12, 2020 in Olathe, KS.
- Travel expenses, including hotel, will be provided by BCEN per BCEN travel guidelines
- Applications must be received by 11:59 PM CST on October 29, 2019.
- Selected participants will be notified in early November.
We will not accept applications past the cutoff date.
Thank you for your commitment to certification, and your dedication to making BCEN the benchmark certification provider in the emergency nursing industry.