2022 Award Nominations are open from Feb 1, 2022 to Feb 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM CT!
BCEN’s Distinguished Awards recognize board certified emergency nurses who exemplify excellence in their specialty nursing practice and who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to advocating for, supporting and promoting board certification for emergency nurses.
Please nominate an individual who shows
- Excellence in pursuing advanced knowledge with a CEN®, CFRN®, CPEN®, CTRN® or TCRN® certification
- Achievement in promoting and advocating for the emergency, flight, pediatric emergency, critical care ground transport or trauma nursing certifications
- Impact on the nursing profession and on patient outcomes
- Nominee for the Distinguished awards must hold a current BCEN certification.*
- Nominee must currently be practicing in their area of specialty certification.
*Individuals serving on BCEN’s board of directors or exam construction and review committees (ECRCs), or who are engaged in revenue-generating businesses or activities associated with any BCEN certification program, product or service (including providers of certification prep materials and/or review courses) are not eligible to be nominated.
Nomination submission requirements:
You will be asked to provide the following information about your nominee:
- Their name, email address, title and affiliation/place of employment
- The certification award for which they’re being nominated (CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CTRN or TCRN)
- How you believe they exemplify the clinical excellence and professionalism of a BCEN-certified nurse in this specialty
Following your submission, nominees will be asked to submit the following:
- At least 3 ways you have succeeded in advocating for certification and supporting other nurses to earn and maintain board certification in this specialty.
- A current CV
- A current headshot
- Up to 3 additional supporting items may be uploaded, but are not required.
Both forms must be submitted by February 28, 2022 at 11:59 PM CT to be considered for the 2022 BCEN Distinguished Awards.
To learn more about BCEN’s other Distinguished Awards, click here.