Calling all social media mavericks! BCEN needs your help to spread the word about board certification via our Instagram platform. We’re expanding our #BCENInstaCrew, and we’re looking for socially active emergency nurses with an interest in promoting the value and benefits of BCEN certification.
Whether you’re a social influencer or an Insta-hobbyist, we’d love to have you on the crew! So, what do we need from you?
- A 12-week commitment to post once a week on your main IG feed using #BCENInstaCrew (post prompts provided), with the option to serve an additional 12 weeks if you choose to do so.
- Comply with all HIPAA regulations in the photos you post
- Comply with BCEN’s Volunteer Policy 8.5 regarding conflicts of interest: “… any outside activity or direct or indirect financial interest which might, in any way, adversely influence or appear to influence an individual’s judgment in the performance of his duties to BCEN involves a possible conflict of interest… It would be considered a conflict of interest to publish or contribute to a CEN®, CFRN®, CPEN®, CTRN®, and TCRN® review manual or teach in a CEN, CFRN, CPEN, CTRN, or TCRN review course.”
- Utilize IG stories and hashtags where appropriate
- Instagram account must be public.
If you’re wondering what’s in it for you, we’re glad you asked! We want our InstaCrew to be a fun way to engage and connect with BCEN and the nurses we serve, but we also understand there needs to be value for you. When you join #BCENInstaCrew, you’ll get the following benefits:
- Those who follow the above guidelines will receive several goodie boxes throughout their term, featuring BCEN branded products we’d like you to showcase – yours to keep!
- A chance to be featured on both BCEN’s official Instagram feed and #InstaCrew Stories Highlight
- Real experience in social media marketing
- Volunteer hours you can add to your resume
We can’t wait to get started! If you still have questions, we’ve got answers. Check out some of our InstaCrew FAQs below.
What kind of posts will I be sharing?
BCEN will be providing you with post prompts to keep you going for the full 12 or 24 weeks. You can draw inspiration from these or answer them as-is. Ultimately, the content you share is up to you, as long as it aligns with BCEN’s core values, mission and goals. We will also provide you with ideas, suggestions and content you can share around particular campaigns and events (Certified Nurses Day, practice exams, digital badging, etc.).
How do I tag my posts?
Always tag @bcencertifications in your posts. Make sure you add #BCENInstaCrew to your profile, and hashtag your posts as appropriate. For example, you can use #BCENMyWhy, #BCENCertified, or one of our specific certifications (#CEN, #CPEN, #TCRN, #CTRN, #CFRN).
Do I have to share photos of myself?
We love a good selfie! However, it’s also great to ask friends and co-workers to take some non-selfie shots. You will appear in most of your posts, so make sure everything you share is appropriate, HIPAA-compliant, public, and makes you feel proud.
What other ways can I show off my certification?
Try featuring close-up shots of your badge, credentials, etc. Record a brief video that captures a day in your life, HIPAA-compliant of course. Share photos of your colleagues (with their permission). Be very cautious about anything that might appear in the background of your photos, to protect the privacy of your co-workers and patients.
How do I take a great-looking photo?
We’re looking for authenticity, so perfection is not necessary to be a part of the InstaCrew! As you already know, Instagram offers a variety of filters that can enhance your images. Use filters wisely and judiciously to achieve the look you love. We want you to feel great about everything you post, but we also want you to keep it real.
If you have any additional questions we haven’t answered here, let’s chat about it! Hit us up at Insta-Crew@bcen.org. We can’t wait to have you on the crew!