BCEN’s National Certification Champion Award recognizes organizations that:
- Exemplify excellence in supporting emergency RNs who pursue BCEN certifications
- Show achievement in designing and implementing effective and innovative practices and programs that encourage, support, and recognize emergency nursing specialty certification
- Demonstrate the impact of a board certified emergency nurse workforce on patient, nurse and organizational outcomes
One national winner will be recognized in each of the following categories:
- Small Healthcare Facility: single hospital emergency department, trauma program or freestanding emergency center with less than 30,000 visits per year, or a single critical care ground transport and/or flight base
- Large Healthcare Facility: single hospital emergency department, trauma program or freestanding emergency center with more than 30,000 visits per year
- Health System: a group or system of 2 or more hospital emergency departments, trauma programs, freestanding emergency centers, or critical care ground transport and/or flight bases
To be eligible for the National Certification Champion Award, a facility or organization must:
- Currently employ BCEN-certified emergency, transport and/or trauma nurses
- Be actively engaged in supporting their nurses in obtaining and maintaining one or more of BCEN’s certifications
- Serve as a model for advancing board certification for the nursing profession
To nominate your organization:
- Complete the nomination form.
- Attach two (2) letters of recommendation.
Nominations are now closed.