Award Nominations open July 15, 2019!
BCEN’s National Certification Champion Award recognizes organizations that:
- Exemplify excellence in supporting emergency RNs who pursue BCEN certifications
- Show achievement in designing and implementing effective and innovative practices and programs that encourage, support, and recognize emergency nursing specialty certification
- Demonstrate the impact of a board certified emergency nurse workforce on patient, nurse and organizational outcomes
One national winner will be recognized in each of the following categories:
- Small Health Care Facility: single hospital emergency department, trauma program or freestanding emergency center with less than 30,000 visits per year, or a single critical care ground transport and/or flight base
- Large Health Care Facility: single hospital emergency department, trauma program or freestanding emergency center with more than 30,000 visits per year
- Health System: a group or system of 2 or more hospital emergency departments, trauma programs, freestanding emergency centers, or critical care ground transport and/or flight bases
To be eligible for the National Certification Champion Award, a facility or organization must:
- Currently employ BCEN-certified emergency, transport and/or trauma nurses
- Be actively engaged in supporting their nurses in obtaining and maintaining one or more of BCEN’s certifications
- Serve as a model for advancing board certification for the nursing profession
Winners will be honored at the annual BCEN Certification Recognition Breakfast at Emergency Nursing 2019 in Austin, Texas on October 2, 2019.
Nomination Submission Requirements
In order to be considered, nominations must include the following:
- Completed nomination form
- Two (2) letters of reference from individuals with relevant professional positions or qualifications
Checklist of information needed for nomination:
- Examples of how the organization encourage and support BCEN board certification for its nurses.
- Examples of how the organization recognizes and rewards nurses who earn and maintain their certification.
- Examples of how the organization is developing a workplace culture that helps nurses earn and maintain board certification.
- Examples of positive outcomes linked to the organization’s commitment to advocating for and supporting BCEN board certification
- Two letters of recommendation
Check out past awardees plus complete details about all of BCEN’s awards here