Award Nominations open July 15, 2019!
BCEN’s Distinguished Awards recognize board certified emergency nurses who exemplify excellence in their specialty nursing practice and who have demonstrated an exceptional commitment to advocating for, supporting and promoting board certification for emergency nurses.
Please nominate an individual who shows
- Excellence in pursuing advanced knowledge with a CEN or CPEN certification
- Achievement in promoting and advocating for the emergency nursing or pediatric emergency nursing certifications
- Impact on the nursing profession and on patient outcomes
- Nominee for the Distinguished CEN and CPEN awards must hold a current CEN or CPEN.*
- Nominee must currently be practicing in the emergency nursing or pediatric emergency nursing areas.
*Individuals serving on BCEN’s board of directors or exam construction and review committees (ECRCs), or who are engaged in revenue-generating businesses or activities associated with any BCEN certification program, product or service (including providers of certification prep materials and/or review courses) are not eligible to be nominated.
Nomination submission requirements:
In order to be considered, nominations must include the following:
- Completed form
- Current CV of nominee
- Two (2) letters of reference from individuals with relevant professional positions
Checklist of information needed for nomination:
Examples of how the nominee modeled excellence as a board certified nurse in this specialty.
Examples of how the nominee has directly encouraged, motivated and inspired their peers to attain this credential.
Examples of how the nominee has advocated for board certification within their workplace.
Examples of how the nominee has advocated for and supported board certification within the profession at large.
Examples of how the nominee’s work has increased certification rates within their department and/or organization with specific data.
Two letters of reference
To learn more about BCEN’s other Distinguished Awards, click here.