Submit Your CPEN Application
Once you’ve read and understand the CPEN eligibility requirements, you’re ready to complete your application. You will fill out your application online, but before you can schedule your exam, you’ll need to pay for it in full. There are two ways to do this:
Online: Use a credit card number or a prepaid voucher number* to submit your payment along with your application for instant processing. *If using a voucher number, you will need to have the voucher number when you schedule your exam.
By mail: Complete your application and print your Confirmation of Form Completion. Mail this, along with your check payable to BCEN, to BCEN, c/o Foster Results, 1950 E Greyhound Pass #18-367, Carmel, IN 46033.
Note: Online application and payments are processed immediately and will enable you to schedule your exam on the day of application. Mail applications can take up to four weeks to process, and you will be unable to schedule until you receive your exam eligibility email.
Schedule Your CPEN Exam
You may see CPEN test dates for test centers and Live Remote Proctoring to schedule your exam once you have received your exam eligibility email. Your exam will be scheduled through PSI, the company that administers the exams, and may be scheduled at any of their testing locations worldwide. A few things to keep in mind:
- For current information on scheduling your exam and Pearson VUE’s updated testing policies surrounding COVID-19, please visit our Coronavirus Updates page.
- You must schedule and sit for your CPEN exam within your 90-day testing window, which you will receive upon completing your CPEN application
- We encourage you to schedule your date to sit for the exam promptly, as test center seat availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. Please note: You cannot walk in to sit for an exam; it must be scheduled.
- There are no reschedule/cancellation fees for candidates who cancel and reschedule your appointment more than 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment time (this is calculated based on the time zone of the testing center where you have an exam scheduled or the location of live remote proctoring) AND you are still within your 90-day eligibility window.
- Candidates who fail to cancel and reschedule within these guidelines or do not show for their appointment will forfeit the full exam fee.
If you have questions about applying for or scheduling your CPEN exam, call +1-877-302-BCEN.
If you need to speak to someone at PSI about rescheduling your exam, contact them directly at +1-833-518-7459.
Ready to schedule your exam, but aren’t sure your international degree or licensure qualifies you? International candidates can pursue verification through our International Credential Evaluation service, offered through a partnership with CGFNS International, Inc. Find out if you’re eligible, and begin the process right here.