BCEN–Funded Academic Scholarships Top $1.3 Million
Since 2012, BCEN has funded over $1.3 million in academic scholarships.
BCEN Scholarship Donations
- Since 2012 $632,000 to ENA
- Since 2014 $270,000 to ASTNA
- Since 2017 $225,000 to STN
- Since 2017 $215,000 to FNSNA
Today, BCEN annually funds nearly 50 scholarships at the doctoral, master’s, undergraduate, and paramedic-to-BSN levels through the Air & Surface Transport Nurses Association (ASTNA), the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA), the Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) and the Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association (FNSNA). More specifically, in 2023, BCEN donated a total of $155,000 to fund 49 scholarships.
Eligibility for a BCEN-funded doctoral, master’s or undergraduate scholarship through ASTNA, ENA and STN includes maintaining an active membership in the professional society and holding a specialty-specific BCEN credential. BCEN-FNSNA scholarships are awarded to undergraduate nursing students with an interest in emergency or trauma nursing.
Upcoming Application Deadlines
- Applications for the 2024-25 academic year BCEN-FNSNA scholarships open September 8, 2023 with a January 26, 2024 deadline. Apply here.
- Applications for the 2023 BCEN-ASTNA scholarships will open November 1, 2023, with a due date of November 30, 2023. The application form will be posted on ASTNA’s website.
- 2023 BCEN scholarships awarded through ENA and STN are closed, and the recipients have been announced. For information about upcoming BCEN-funded scholarships through STN and ENA, check these links in early 2024: STN and ENA.
*Please be sure to visit our partner’s websites for the most up-to-date information about application dates and deadlines and complete eligibility information.
Visit the BCEN Scholarships page for the most currently available links to our partners’ scholarship pages and a list of the most recent scholarship recipients.