“Raising the Bar: Why Board Certification for RNs Matters” is Available for Free Download
OAK BROOK, IL (June 24, 2020) – The Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN), the benchmark for board certification across the emergency nursing spectrum, today released its fourth white paper, Raising the Bar: Why Board Certification for RNs Matters.
The white paper’s high-level look at the significance and value of nursing specialty certification across all medical specialties will be of interest to healthcare C-suite executives, administrators, nursing professionals, and hospital department/unit heads, as well as payors, regulators and policy makers.
“Specialty board certified nurses are raising the bar by improving patient care and outcomes, elevating the efficient and effective delivery of health care, advancing nursing and specialty practice, and creating centers of excellence wherever they work,” said BCEN Executive Director Janie Schumaker, MBA, BSN, RN, CEN, CENP, CPHQ, FABC. Schumaker also serves as president of the American Board of Nursing Specialties (ABNS).
The free white paper describes why and how:
- RN licensure alone increasingly falls short.
- Board certification helps ensure RNs and APRNs practice at the top of their specialty.
- Supporting specialty certification meets consumer expectations.
- Building a specialty certified workforce gives organizations an economic and competitive advantage.
Raising the Bar also includes:
- Expert comments from nursing and physician specialty board leadership and nursing specialty certification researchers.
- 10 ways specialty certification benefits patients, nurses and organizations.
- A case study on how nurse, physician, and industry organizations across the emergency specialty endorse and support specialty certification for emergency, transport and trauma nurses.
To download the white paper, please visit: https://bcen.org/white-paper-raising-the-bar
BCEN’s complete white paper series is available for free download here.
Throughout 2020, the independent, not-for-profit Board of Certification for Emergency Nursing (BCEN®) is celebrating 40 years of robust certification programs fostering empowered nurses across the emergency spectrum who contribute noticeably to patient care, safety and outcomes. Over 55,000 BCEN board certifications are currently held by registered nurses (RNs) who specialize in emergency, flight, critical care ground transport, pediatric emergency and trauma nursing. BCEN offers the Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN®), Certified Flight Registered Nurse (CFRN®), Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse (CPEN®), Certified Transport Registered Nurse (CTRN®) and Trauma Certified Registered Nurse (TCRN®) certifications. The CEN, CFRN, CPEN, and TCRN certification programs are accredited by the Accreditation Board for Specialty Nursing Certification (ABSNC). Learn more at bcen.org. Follow BCEN on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram.